fredag 1 april 2011

The first post.

2011-03-28 to 2011-04-01


Hi there!

My name is Christoffer Akterin and I am currently studying my second year of Game design and graphics at Gotland University. This will be my personal blog during the development of the game Carnage.
This week we started the project for real. The design is now about 99% complete, so we can now concentrate at the actual creation the game. The game, for the ones of you who doesn’t now, is Carnage. Carnage is a turn based strategy game in a car racing setting. Take a look at our Dev-blog for more information (www.carnagethegame.com).
My role during this project will be Lead Artist, thus my main focus will be to plan the groups work, updating our product backlog, making sure that the art is consistent and of course contributing my fair share of art to the stack.
During this week I started modeling one of the cars which I finished in the middle of the week and have now started baking out normal maps and ambient occlusion. There has also been a lot of other stuff to take care of, for instance our booth at the Gotland Game Conference. After a brainstorm we came up with a quite nice mockup for the design.
I have also started designing two of the tiled pieces that the race track will be made from.
Check back next week for an update with art stuff!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar