torsdag 2 juni 2011

GGC is over

Gotland Game Conference is over for this year and to make a long story short, it went much better than what we could expect. Our game was very well received by both the jury and the public. The last day it was actually played non-stop.
We got some constructive criticism (which is always nice), some suggestions on design choices and some ideas of changing and altering some of the mechanics. But other than that no one had anything bad to say about it.

We are still waiting for our written feedback from the jury and I’m waiting in anticipation for that.

Some of jurors have written and talked further about Carnage after conference. While these pages are in Swedish Google translate does a decent job (except from the podcast).

Oskar Skog (writer for Sydsvenskan, LEVEL and Loading.se. ) has written an article about his trip to the Gotland Game Conference.
http://loading.se/articles.php?article=15484

Linda Kiby (Paradox interactive) has blogged about some of the games
http://kiby.se/2011/05/30/gotland-game-conference/

Tove Bengtsson (Svenska Dagbladet ) talks about her three favorite games at the conference in this podcast (57 minutes in)
 http://www.radiogamer.se/tidigare-avsnitt/lyssna/6776


During this project I have evolved as a 3d artist. I have become more confident in my workflow. I think that this shows if you compare my earlier work in this project with my more recent. Things look better and I work a lot faster.

I have also become more familiar to the term “Kill you darlings”. I understand that you have to see to what is best for the project as a whole, this means to scrap design ideas, early iterations of models or additional content.

Seeing how we worked in a tight group we could always quality assure our graphical assets as well as our design iterations at a very early stage. The result from this is that we have a very polished game.



At last I would like to thank my partners is in design Juan Carlos, André and Joakim. Without you Carnage wouldn’t be.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar